Pledge.World Contest Official Rules
OFFICIAL RULES: PLEDGE.WORLD SECOND CONTEST
“TELL US HOW YOUR PLEDGE WOULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE”
CONTEST OPEN TO SMOKERS AND VAPERS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF MA, MI AND VA).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID IN MA, MI, VA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The sponsor of the Pledge.World Second Contest (the “Contest”) is Fontem US, Inc. of 1100 S. Tryon Street, Suite 350, Charlotte, NC, 28203, doing business as “blu” (“Sponsor”, “we”, “our” or “us”). The Contest is administered by SOCIAL CHAIN GROUP USA INC, a New York corporation with offices at 260 5th Avenue, 7th Floor, New York NY 10001 (“Administrator”), on behalf of Sponsor.
THIS CONTEST IS THE SECOND CONTEST IN THE PLEDGE.WORLD CAMPAIGN.
Who can enter
- The entry period for the Contest starts at 12:00 AM (EST) on 8th March 2019 and ends at 23:59 (EST) on 3 May 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The end date was previously listed as 26 April 2019 due to an administrative error but this has now been adjusted. This change will not place any Pledgers at a potential advantage or disadvantage. All entries must be received before the end of the Contest Period and any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Contest. The Contest is open to entrants who are legal residents of the United States, excluding residents of Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia and any other US state where this Contest would be prohibited by law. Entrants must be smokers or vapers 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrants may also be referred to herein as “Pledgers“.
- Employees (and their families and agents) of Sponsor or Administrator or of any of their respective affiliated companies, and any other person connected with the Contest, may not enter.
- We may ask Pledgers to confirm their eligibility to enter, and proof of identity will be required to claim any Prize.
- By entering this Contest, Pledgers agree to be bound by these Contest Official Rules (“Official Rules”), which constitute a binding agreement between Sponsor and you, the Pledger. Our decision is final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Any Pledger who fails to comply with these Official Rules will automatically be disqualified from the Contest.
How to enter
- Pledgers will require access to the internet in order to enter the Contest. We are not responsible for any technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in internet service or network hardware or software.
- In order to enter the Contest, Pledgers must complete the following actions during the Contest Period: visit www.Pledge.World (the “Website”) and enter and submit all information requested where instructed to do so in order to “place your pledge”, which information shall include the Pledger’s name, date of birth, phone number, email address, home number, postal address, twitter and/or Instagram handle (if any) and a description of their “pledge” (i.e., a goal or resolution that would have a life-changing impact on the Pledger) in 280 characters or less (the “Pledge”) specifically indicating how such Pledge would change their life. By entering the Contest, Pledgers agree that their entry will be vetted for compliance with these Official Rules, and that their Pledge and name may be made public if they win. Pledgers may also be subject to criminal checks. Only one entry per person will be permitted. Incomplete entries may be declared void. If a Pledger submits or attempts to submit more than one entry to the Contest, they will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Pledger. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries and any related materials submitted as part of the Contest become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- There will be a total of twenty (20) cash prizes of $1000 each available (the “Prizes”). The Contest Period shall consist of four (4) two (2)-week periods (each, a “Bi-Weekly Period”). On the day immediately following the end of each Bi-Weekly Period, the judges will select five (5) potential Winners in accordance with the judging criteria below, from all eligible entries received prior to the end of such Bi-Weekly Period, including all eligible entries received during previous Bi-Weekly Periods (as applicable), other than any entry previously selected as a potential Winner for any previous Bi-Weekly Period. For clarity, any such eligible entry received in a prior Bi-Weekly Period (other than the winning entries thereof) shall be included in the pool of eligible entries for subsequent Bi-Weekly Periods, provided that the score previously awarded by the Panellists shall apply to such eligible entry (i.e., such eligible entry will not be re-evaluated or receive a new score).
- The winning entries for each of the Prizes will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (the “Panellists“). At least one Panellist will be independent of Sponsor and Administrator and other entities involved in running this Contest or providing any Prize. The names of the judges are available on request. There will be twenty (20) potential winners in total (the “Winners“). The entries will be judged based upon the following five (5) criteria (all with equal weighting – 20% each):
|The extent to which the life change is attainable.||20%|
|The extent to which the change in the Pledger’s life would also have a positive impact on their family and friends.||20%|
|The extent to which the life change would be long-lasting.||20%|
|The extent to which the change would have a perceived positive emotional impact on the Pledger.||20%|
|The extent to which the change would have a perceived positive physical impact on the Pledger||20%|
All Pledges must comply with the following requirements:
- The Pledge must be fit for its intended purpose;
- The Pledge must meet all applicable health and safety standards;
- The Pledge must be mentally, physically and environmentally possible to carry out; and
- The Pledge must not require specific skills which are not reasonably attainable by the average person.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Pledger whose Pledge does not comply with all of the foregoing requirements.
- A Pledger’s likelihood of winning will depend on the number and quality, as determined by the Panellists using the above criteria, of all eligible entries received prior to the end of the applicable Bi-Weekly Period.
- The Panellists’ decisions regarding potential Winner selection are final. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Sponsor reserves the right to review the Panellists’ decisions and to withhold any Prize if, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, there is a procedural, legal, or other reason that the Prize should not be awarded.
- The potential Winners for each Bi-Weekly Period will be determined on the day immediately following the end of the applicable Bi-Weekly Period. Sponsor or Administrator or a related entity will attempt to contact the potential Winners for each Bi-Weekly Period within two (2) weeks following the end of the applicable Bi-Weekly Period. A list of Winners will be published on or around May 10, 2019 on the Website.
- If a potential Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 days, and/or does not return two (2) copies of the completed Contest Documentation (as defined below) within 14 days following Sponsor’s (or Administrator’s) request therefor, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such potential Winner and to select the entrant on May 17 2019 with the next highest-scoring entry for the applicable Bi-Weekly Period and attempt to contact such potential Winner, who shall be subject to the same eligibility requirements and disqualification in the same manner as described in these Official Rules. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator will be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Winner and no responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Administrator for any e-mail(s) or other correspondence returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or any other problems, omissions or technical malfunctions associated with any network, servers, computer equipment, software, applications, the Internet or any combination thereof. For the avoidance of doubt, each potential Winner shall be subject to verification of identity and eligibility to enter the Contest.
- There are no Prize alternatives: the Prizes must be accepted as offered and are non-transferable.
- Upon the request of Sponsor or Administrator or a related entity, the potential Winners must sign and return the following documents in order to be eligible to receive a Prize: (a) an affidavit of eligibility, (b) a publicity/liability release, (c) any other releases and waivers requested by Sponsor, in each instance (i.e., subsections (a), (b) and (c) above), releasing Sponsor and Administrator from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for or related to (i) personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Contest or the receipt and/or use of any Prize and (ii) publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party and/or any related cause of, including, without limitation, the use/misuse and/or acceptance of any Prize; and (d) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use each potential Winner’s name and likeness for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes without additional compensation, credit, accounting, notification or approval (collectively, the “Contest Documentation”). By entering into the Contest, each entrant agrees to promptly sign and return all of the Contest Documentation upon request by Sponsor, Administrator or a related entity.
- By entering the Contest, Pledgers agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator may use the contact information provided by the Pledger as part of their entry to contact the Pledger regarding potential opportunities, offers, collaborations or other matters relating to Sponsor’s products, services and/or marketing or promotional campaigns.
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter. You understand and agree that, by entering the Contest, you are providing your information, including personal data, to Sponsor and Administrator and not to Instagram or Twitter. By entering this Contest, you release Instagram and Twitter from any action or claim arising out of the Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to Sponsor, not Instagram or Twitter.
- Each Prize will be paid via PayPal by Sponsor/Administrator or a related entity to the applicable Winner upon receipt by Sponsor/Administrator or a related entity of the email address linked to Winner’s PayPal account. Winners must have a PayPal account to claim their prize. An account is available for free at www.paypal.com . We will not pay any expenses incurred in connection with the Contest, including acceptance and use of the Prizes. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- We may refuse to accept any entry at our absolute discretion. Incomplete, bulk, automated and third party entries will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose conduct, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate or unsportsmanlike in any way for the Contest.
- We may alter, amend or withdraw this Contest without prior notice if necessary due to circumstances outside our reasonable control.
- We do not accept responsibility for (i) network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry; or (ii) any act or default of any third party supplier, which is outside of our reasonable control.
- You hereby grant to us and the other Sponsor Parties a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable right to use any content you submit to us in relation to the Contest (including without limitation, your intellectual property, name, image and likeness) in any manner to be determined in the Sponsor Parties’ sole discretion, including but not limited to on webpages and social media pages operated by the Sponsor Parties, in promotional e-mails and advertisements, and in any and all other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, and in any media now or hereafter known.
- This Contest, including these Official Rules, and any disputes arising out of the Contest, the Official Rules and/or the Prizes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and by entering the Contest, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the State of New York, County of New York in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with the Contest and/or these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and each entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Sponsor Parties and each entrant waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
- Each entrant (a) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the entrant’s acts or omissions in connection the Contest, and (b) hereby releases the Sponsor Parties from any and all liability and waives any and all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Sponsor Parties in connection with the Contest. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest or the Prizes.
- For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winner(s) names, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pledge.World Contest 2, c/o Social Chain Group USA, Inc 260 5th Avenue, 7th Floor, New York NY 10001 . Requests received after June 15, 2019 will not be honored.
- Inquiries (whether questions, comments, or complaints) should be directed solely to Sponsor, care of Administrator at the following email address: [email protected] or in writing to Pledge.World Contest 2, c/o Social Chain Group USA, Inc 260 5th Avenue, 7th Floor, New York NY 10001